The color yellow can have a dramatic impact on your mood – even in your food! The next time you are feeling down or anxious, you may want to add more yellow food to your diet.
Learn more about how you can use yellow foods to brighten your day:
- Research results. An enlightening study found that yellow can influence your brain and moods. The research showed that you associate yellow with happiness. There are cultural and social reasons for this. You see yellow and often smile. A bright yellow is associated with joy. For example, a bright sun is yellow and makes people happy. Color psychology research reveals it can lift your mood. Research shows that yellow can actually stimulate parts of the brain. Interestingly, 62 percent of the people in the study stated they wanted to have more yellow food in their fridges.
- Try yellow fruit. Bananas are the most popular yellow fruit. However, there are other fruit options that can also lift your mood, such as mangoes, lemons, yellow apples, and yellow cherries. All of these yellow fruits will lift your mood and add important nutrients to your diet. They’re filled with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Try yellow spices. Research shows that yellow spices such as turmeric can also affect your brain in positive ways. They have other health benefits as well. Turmeric is bright yellow when you cook it. You can add it to stews, soups, casseroles, noodles, and rice. It adds a great flavor to the food, and it has chemicals that help mental function. Another yellow spice is saffron. Although it often looks orange, you can find some that is more yellow. It also has health benefits and can lift your mood. Mustard is yellow, and you probably already use it. You can add it to your favorite hamburgers and hot dogs. However, you can also use it to make salad dressings and sauces for other dishes.
- Try yellow vegetables. Yellow bell peppers are available in many grocery stores, and they’re just one type of yellow vegetable that can brighten your mood. In addition to yellow bell peppers, try yellow butternut squash, corn, tomatoes, carrots, and potatoes. There are yellow varieties of all these vegetables. You can make salads and stews with these vegetables. You can also use them in casseroles and other dishes.
- Add yellow to your plate. Buying yellow food isn’t enough. You have to actually eat it to benefit from it. Make a list of your favorite recipes and add yellow foods to them. Use yellow foods for smoothies and juices in the morning. Then, at lunch, add them to your salads. At dinner, you can use them for soups, stews, or casseroles.
Yellow food can uplift your mood and make you feel better.There are easy ways to add more yellow things to your life, and one of them is your plate. Bananas are inexpensive and bright yellow. However, they’re not your only option. Try a variety of yellow foods throughout the day and feel the difference!